Hi there my friends :) Ok, so I had time for just ONE more layout before this year runs out on me. This is my entry for case #50 over at CSI and here is the case file.THE SCHEME (USE ALL 5 COLORS)
Taupe Tradition - light taupe, taken from the placemats - 237.229.218
Light the Candles - white, taken from the windows - 255.255.255
Blue Dreidel -light grayish blue, taken from the highlights of the ribbon - 193.205.219
Eighth Night - dark grayish blue, taken from the darkest part of the ribbon - 99.117.129
EVIDENCE (USE AT LEAST 2 ELEMENTS)
- something that melts, like wax or embossing powder
- something transparent or made of glass
- string (inspired by wicks)
- something metal
- something shimmery/shiny
TESTIMONY (USE AT LEAST 1 ELEMENT)
- Document a holiday tradition.
- List 8 important things about your topic.
- Tie a ribbon around your journaling.
- Use these Hanukkah writing prompts, or adapt them to meet your own traditions.
- Use stripes in patterned paper to use for your journaling.
- Inspiration Words: tradition, miracle, light--use these as inspiration for your journaling, not just as a title about your topic.
Dring the month of August 2012 South Africa experienced widespread snowfall across the country. It snowed in places that has never seen snow before and for us South Africans it is a major event and school children and office workers took to the playgrounds and streets to witness the heaviest snowfalls since 1981. I live on the coast and therefor we never ever see snow but people drove hundreds of miles to witness the snow and one weekend we decided to take a trip up to the Midlands to go and see the snow and I really thought that Miss Molly in particular would enjoy it very much as she has such a dense coat and therefor she's always hot. At home she loves the airconditioning and is always lying flat on her tummy on the cool tiles. Well, I was so wrong!! She hated it. When I got out of the car she was not going to stay behind but she quickly regretted it and looked positively miserable after five minutes of being out in the snow. Now, if I know my baby as well as I think I do, then I can only guess that these are the reasons she didn't like it and that this is what was going through her mind.
1. It doesn't taste like chicken
2. It burns my delicate pink butt when she sits down.
3. I don't like to blend in with my surroundings...being the princess in the house I like to "stand out".
4. It makes my feet wet..I hate it when my feet are wet.
5. My legs are too short to jump over the drifts.
6. Sometimes the snow is higher than me and I can't see my mom.
7. Slipping and sliding is a very undignified way of getting around.
8. My fluffy tail which is my pride and joy hangs behind me like a wet rag.
Thank you Debbi and the CSI team for the inspiration and another awesome case file :)